NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
North Carolina football head coach Bill Belichick addressed a report that claimed his players have amassed a large number of traffic violations since he took over as head coach.
While speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Belichick answered a question about a report by WRAL News, that his players have accumulated 31 speeding charges and 10 reckless driving counts dating back to last October, with 20% of the team's 101 players getting a citation.

North Carolina head coach Bill Belichick walks off the field after an NCAA college football game against Syracuse. The game took place in Syracuse, New York, on Oct. 31, 2025. (Adrian Kraus/AP Photo)
"Our conduct outside of the building, outside of the program, is important to us, and we stress that," Belichick said. "We’ve addressed multiple things, not just that. There are other things that go on, besides driving, that we’ve talked about, absolutely."
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
When asked if it has been discussed in team meetings or one-on-one with players, Belichick said, "all of the above."
"Multiple other people have talked about it as well to the team that aren’t members of the team," he added. "We’ve addressed it."

Bundle FOX One and FOX Nation to stream the entire FOX Nation library, plus live FOX News, Sports, and Entertainment at our lowest price of the year. The offer ends on Jan. 4, 2026. (Fox One; Fox Nation)
WRAL also reported, for comparison, that North Carolina State's 124-player football roster recorded only 10 speeding citations and two reckless driving charges, while Duke's football team saw just two players charged with speeding.
A second review by the Raleigh-based newspaper The News & Observer found that 19 current UNC players have been cited for traffic violations since last year, for charges including speeding, tinted windows or failing to stop at a stop sign.

North Carolina head coach Bill Belichick directs his team during the first half of an NCAA college football game against Charlotte in Charlotte, N.C., Saturday, Sept. 6, 2025. (AP Photo/Nell Redmond)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Belichick's first season leading UNC has been disappointing to fans who expected a quick turnaround to ACC championship contention. At 4-6, Belichick's Tar Heels are on the brink of elimination from bowl eligibility as they prepare to face Duke on Saturday.
Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.
Jackson Thompson is a sports reporter for Fox News Digital covering critical political and cultural issues in sports, with an investigative lens. Jackson's reporting has been cited in federal government actions related to the enforcement of Title IX, and in legacy media outlets including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Associated Press and ESPN.com.


















































